If ever asked, most people will say they had the hardest time when they were creating that perfect bedroom for their child. It’s not that it’s more complicated, or that they have to cater to the needs and the likes of their child; it’s probably because they have to keep a careful watch over their “inner child” while they do so. All those long-forgotten plans for a perfect bedroom from childhood resurfaces, and interferes with “adult” decisions. But despite how difficult that may be, it’s important to design your child’s bedroom smartly. A bedroom that can grow with your child will be ideal. Here are a few tips on how you can do so.
- Pay attention to the furniture that you buy for them. Buying bunk beds Brisbane might sound like a good idea, especially for small rooms, but it’s not the best option for everyone. Try and make sure that your kids get along well with each other, and that they don’t have an issue with heights, before you purchase it.
- Try and keep the things in their room to a minimum. Kids are pretty good in collecting stuff of their own, so having unwanted decorations and extra furniture will only help to clutter their room faster. Have multi-purposed decorations (that can be played with or used as a chair or dustbin for example) and instead of having a pull-out bed for their visiting friends, you should consider getting a spare mattress in the next mattress sale. They can be stored away much easier.
- Like we mentioned before, it’s important that you keep your children’s likes and dislikes in mind when decorating their room. What’s also important to keep in mind, is that children often have very quick changes of minds when it comes to “favorites”. If your child’s favorite color is orange, and coloring the room orange sounds like a nightmare, compromise; have a more soothing color for the walls and have orange accessories and accents to appease them.
- Make sure to think ahead when choosing materials. Be it the walls or the floors, the easier it is to clean, the less frustrated you are going to be with future spills and accidents. Though carpeting might sound too hard to maintain, if done the right way, you’ll see that it’s actually a better option. Just make sure to get it installed in an easily removable way.
- Having sufficient storage options is always a great idea. Be it for their toys or their craft supplies, or even their school books, they need a lot of space and places to keep them. If their room has limited space, consider getting beds and desks with extra storage options. Even if it’s for storing their winter clothes, you’ll be glad you have the extra space…